Part Time QQI Level 3 Introduction to Computers starting 5th September.
• Computer Familiarisation
– The Computer
• Managing Your Computer
• Basic Word Processing
• Introduction to Excel
• Using the Internet
• Using E-mail
Part Time QQI Level 5 Design Skills and Digital Fabrication starting on 16th September.
• The History of Design.
• Understanding and Interpreting Design Briefs.
• The Concepts of Design Practice.
• Material and Manufacturing Processes.
• The Tools of Visualisation and Presentation.
• 2D and 3D Computer Aided Design.
• Digital Fabrication Tools and Fab Labs.
Full Time QQI Level 5 Computer Applications starting on 3rd October
This full-time QQI (formerly FETAC) accredited course leads to a QQI Level 5 Major Award in Information Processing.The course has been developed primarily for those seeking to:
• improve employment prospects
• up-skill in office and multimedia applications
• prepare for third-level courses (Gap Year)
• acquire practical experience and gain recognised certification
• 400 CAO points available
Selection for course participation is on the basis of interview which will be held in September.
Training allowances are payable to successful eligible course participants. This includes travel and meal allowances.
Testimonials of Past Participants
“…an excellent foundation on which to expand your IT experience!” – David Furniss
“…all modules were interesting and relevant…” – Bronagh Gray
“…a perfect learning experience for anyone interested in computing.” – Chris Walsh
“…a good qualification for carrying on into higher education.” – Donna Hunter
Part Time QQI Level 4 Computer Course starting on 10th October.
• Concepts of Information Technology
• Using the Computer and File Management
• Word Processing
• Desktop Publishing
• Work Experience
• Web Design