FRIDAY FEBRUARY 5TH FROM 10am to 4pm
Together with all the staff, board members and partners we invite you to see what the Mohill Enterprise Centre can offer you now and into the future. Come and speak to our staff regarding your training needs, meet a representative from the Leitrim Enterprise Office, see 3D printers in action, explore creativity with Leo Scarff and meet some of our former students.
Mohill Enterprise Centre Open Day – schedule of events
- Student Graduation – Class of 2015
- Presentation on what the centre is offering to businesses in 2016
- Business workshops, start your own business courses, meeting and creative spaces
- Presentation on all the upcoming computer training programmes. Meet the tutors and students
- The SPARK Project – Creativity comes alive with Leo Scarff (see below)
- Fablab Demonstration – See the latest computer controlled machines such as 3D Printers and Laser Cutters, or experiment with micro-electronics
- A tour of our available workspace
Events kick off at 10am and run until 4pm.
The Spark program is an initiative of Leitrim Arts Office and the Local Enterprise Board which encourages local companies to engage with local creatives in a mutually beneficial project to develop innovative artworks and ideas. This year’s creative is Leo Scarff who has a background in fine art, design and education. For over 20 years Leo has been working in the digital fabrication arena and in more recent years he has developed collaborative practice with Maker groups, Fablabs and educational programs such as Harnessing Creativity, Leitrim Livecraft and Creative Frame. In the coming months, in collaboration with Mohill Enterprise Centre, Scarff’s project hopes to energise the local community in the world of digital creation through a series of workshops.
Free Fablab Demonstrations – Friday 5th February
In tandem with Leo’s project, Mohill Enterprise Centre will hold a series of free Fablab demonstration days. Stuart Lawn from Fablab Manorhamilton (www.fablabmh.org) will give presentations on a range of technologies including 3D Printing, Laser cutting & Electronics. Leo will also present his thoughts on digital creativity and innovation.
The popularity of Fablabs in recent years is the way in which the labs provide the environment in which anyone can bring their thoughts to the table of technology and creativity and create something truly exciting in their own education or in the way they interact with other like-minded people or maybe the next smart technological gadget.
Please call John at MEC on 071 9632024 or send an email to email@example.com for more information.